Friday 1 May 2020

Interview with Kathy Thorpe

Our very intrepid reporter, Bella Prince, has interviewed Mrs Kathy Thorpe, who is a 93 year-old-Awesome Kid, in the Christchurch North Methodist Parish. 

Bella: What are your favourite things to do?
Kathy: Playing scrabble, watching t.v. and shopping.

Bella: What did you do for a job, before you retired?
Kathy: I was a Land Army Girl, looking after the animals.

Bella: What was the naughtiest thing you did at school?
Kathy: I can't quite remember... but I didn't like sewing at school. I think I was quite naughty in that class!

Bella: What did you do for fun as a teenager?
Kathy: I can't remember that far back!

Bella: What is the most interesting place you've visited?
Kathy: New Zealand! I love it here. I grew up in England and went on cruises every year, but I love New Zealand best.

Bella: Who do you admire most, and why?
Kathy: Jacinda Adern, for her leadership.

Bella: What do you do best?
Kathy: Play scrabble. I'm very good at it! And I used to love cooking, a long time ago.

Bella: What is your favourite word?
Kathy: Love and thankyou.

Bella: What was your favourite book when you were a child?
Kathy: I'm not sure... as I wasn't a great reader then.

Bella: What is the most difficult thing for you now?
Kathy: Not being able to shop.

Bella: What lessons do you think the world can learn from the past?
Kathy: I think we could all be kinder today.


Thank you Bella and Kathy, for a wonderful interview! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!

 Enjoy watching the video created by our tech experts, Livvie and Liam a few weeks back. 'Say Something' was inspired by the book of...