This Sunday is both Forest Sunday and Spring Flower Sunday. We can find God's beauty, mystery, and majesty in the trees and flowers. We can see, hear and feel God's presence in the wind, the ferns, the flowers and in the forest.
The environment has heaps to teach us. From the forest, we can learn about the web of connection that binds all creation together with our awesome Creator God. We can rejoice in the wonder of God's creation and know that we have a special place in it.
Try the TREE QUIZ KAHOOT!
There are heaps of cool activities on the Kiwi Conservation Club website. You can check them out here: https://kcc.org.nz/activities/
Here are some of my favourite tree activites... see how many you can do!
BE WITH A TREE
1. Go on a tree hunt. Meet a type of tree you haven't met before. Take a photo with it, find out what kind of tree it is.
2. Find something living in a tree.
3. Find a tree that provides us with food.
4. Find a tree that has interesting bark. Use some paper and a crayon to make a rubbing of the bark's pattern.
5. Find a tree you think is beautiful. Draw or paint a picture of it.
6. Plant something - a tree, a flower, a vegetable... anything!
7. Find some spring flowers and draw or paint a picture of them.
8. Make up a poem, song or rap about TREES or SPRING.
9. Find some TREE JOKES (that are better than mine!)
Why do trees hate riddles? Because it's too easy to get stumped.
How do trees go on the internet? They log on.
Why don't you ever see hippos hiding in trees? Because they're really good at it!